As a home owner, features such as location, walkability rating, school district and the number of parks in the area are not necessarily in your control. However, if you are ready to put your home on the market, how can you make it more appealing to today’s buyer?
As generations change so do the home buyer trends and desired home amenities. As you are thinking about selling your home, there may be hesitation in undertaking upgrades. A few modifications could go a long way in getting your home sold quickly and for top dollar.
What are home buyers looking for?
New home builders are citing that these days, more home buyers are attracted to smaller homes with more amenities. In previous years the size of the home was very important. Now, buyers are looking for the small details that really set the home apart. Existing homes do not offer the same flexibility and the ability to choose amenities, so as a home owner how do you make your house more appealing to a wider range of home buyers? With details…
- A separate laundry room. This space away from the living quarters reduces the noise and clutter, making it more appealing to many home buyers.
- Energy efficient features. Low-E windows can improve the exterior look of the home and also save money on utility bills. Energy Star rated appliances could help save on utility costs and many buyers tend to look for them in their home search.
- Outdoor living spaces. Patios and decks are a great place to gather with family and friends especially during the warmer weather. Many buyers are searching for homes that allow space for entertaining. A well landscaped backyard could add appeal to the home and help buyers envision themselves living there.
- Technology. No surprise here. Programmable thermostats are growing more common. This was once reserved for larger “luxury” homes. Now, with Nest and other companies gaining in both popularity and affordability even the smallest of homes can have automation.
- No fixer uppers. A lot of us like watching shows on HGTV for flipping homes or fixing them up. Not too many of us have the time, energy or money it takes to do so ourselves. Home buying trends are showing that more home buyers are shying away from homes that require a lot of repairs.
Sprucing up your home to prepare for a sale can seem overwhelming. Don’t go through your savings in hopes to sell at a higher profit if your budget does not call for it. If your home is already in good condition there are small home improvements you can complete in one day to give your home more appeal. For home owners considering a larger spend in order to reap a higher benefit when selling a home, you may want to consider adding a patio to make your home more appealing to a wider audience. This is where a cash-out refinance may make sense. A small investment now could help you gain larger benefits in the long run.
Does a cash-out refinance make sense for you? If so, talk to the lending experts at Lenox/WesLend Financial or call 844-225-3669. As heard on the radio, it’s the biggest no-brainer in the history of mankind.