The Help Desk Specialist is responsible for providing internal coworkers with technical support, remotely and/or on-site so that they can complete core and essential duties of their roles with functional, required equipment. One should be able to explain features of a product, answer questions about installation, configuration, upgrades, customization and usage of technical equipment. Applies basic diagnostic techniques to identify problems, investigate causes and recommend solutions to correct common failures, and escalate complex problems when required.
- Assist internal customers and coworkers and provide a high level of customer service when providing support as it relates to responding to helpdesk requests
- Install, troubleshoot, and repair computer systems, printers, and additional equipment located on-site and in satellite offices
- Maintain knowledge of current and new technologies, and research problems and related products required for assistance when necessary
- Act as the subject matter expert on applications, hardware and process support.
- Constantly monitor and manage the helpdesk ticket queue and respond to requests in a timely fashion
- Set up and take down equipment from employees’ workstations including CPU’s, monitors and related components
- Other duties may be assigned
- Demonstrated experience supporting and troubleshooting multiple versions of Operating Systems (i.e. Windows 10), Databases (SQL), Windows Services, Web Services, PC Peripherals, printer/scanner connectivity.
- Must be able to physically set up work stations for new employees including new CPU’s, monitors and related components (i.e. keyboards, mouse, speakers, webcam, etc.)
- Prior experience working with a ticketing system or helpdesk request queue
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. without assistance
- Ability to work independently, analyze data, take and recommend appropriate actions with minimal supervision
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Bachelor’s Degree (B.A. or B.S.) in IT or IT-related field preferred
- 2+ years working in Help Desk Support or IT-related field
- On-going training and development
- Opportunities for career advancement
- Life Insurance
This job profile is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of job duties and responsibilities, as one may perform additional related duties as assigned in order to meet the needs of the organization.
Work Authorization: Must be able to verify identity and employment eligibility to work in the U.S.
Equal Opportunity Employer Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Gender, Sexual Orientation, Age, Protected Veterans, Disabled.